The Power of Coaching (POC) has been designed by the creators of the ITP and OTP to enhance the leadership of teaching and learning through promoting effective coaching. Facilitated by our experienced OLEVI accredited school leaders, the POC forms part of the OLEVI teaching and learning syllabus, which has gained a national reputation for raising standards in teaching and learning.
The POC is a 1½ day programme for 12 to 15 delegates packed with practical activities, tools and techniques that can be utilised back in their school.
The aims of the POC are to:
- Provide opportunities for delegates to engage in a range of activities and access theories behind effective coaching practices
- Exemplify how to implement coaching in a range of professional contexts from the classroom to the training room
- Enable delegates to select their own coaching model to articulate to others
- Link coaching to outstanding practice and how to achieve outstanding learning
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of outstanding teaching and learning practices
- Have experience in facilitating both groups and individuals
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of success through their teaching
- Have received endorsement from their headteacher on their ability to develop
It is expected that delegates attend both sessions in full.