The Power of Coaching – Train the Trainer programme is a key part of the OLEVI portfolio of school-to-school support, which is helping to increase capacity and drive up standards in all schools. Among many benefits, this programme helps schools to work more effectively as a whole school team and improve their collaboration with other schools and organisations.
The POC TTT aims
Effective ‘buy-in’ and facilitation of this programme develops a culture of:
- promoting a desire to make a difference to student learning
- commitment to professional learning
- belief in the abilities of colleagues to move forward
- commitment to developing emotional intelligence.
The facilitator will be:
- accredited to facilitate the coaching element of the Outstanding Teacher Programme
- more reflective in their understanding and application of DR ICE® and coaching across the school
- confident, assertive, resilient, driven and successful in the facilitation of coaching (CARDS©)
Delegates who attend the programme are required to meet the following criteria:
- have been successfully accredited on the Outstanding Facilitator Programme
- have facilitated at least one Improving Teacher Programme and/or an Outstanding Teacher Programme
- be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the theory behind coaching and the skills and processes involved
- have experience in coaching both groups and individuals
- be able to demonstrate a track record of success through coaching
- have received endorsement from their headteacher on their ability to coach
The POC TTT is a two day programme for 12 to 15 delegates packed with practical activities, tools and techniques that can be utilised back in your school. The programme is specifically designed to facilitate the OTP coaching elements as well as developing a long term coaching strategy.