The Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme – Train the Trainer (OTAP TTT) programme is a key part of the OLEVI portfolio of school-to-school support, which is helping to increase capacity and drive up standards in all schools. Among many benefits, this programme helps schools to work more effectively as a whole school team and improve their collaboration with other schools and organisations.
The OTAP TTT aims to:
- provide opportunities to understand facilitation in depth and enable a range of experiences for delegates
- give a comprehensive understanding of the OLEVI ethos so that effective role-modelling can be achieved
- introduce and explore theoretical models and how they can be applied to a range of scenarios
- explore motive, consequence and considerations in depth at different times to ensure clarity of meaning
- give an understanding of the activities of OTAP and how these can be extended and/or varied to deepen delegates learning and use of them within their own context
- enable facilitation to focus on the learning and the children, not the teaching
The programme is suitable for current OLEVI accredited facilitators of the ITP and OTP or for Teaching Assistants who have completed the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme (OTAP) and have some experience and working knowledge of the OTP and ITP.
The OTAP TTT is a three day programme and gives delegates the accreditation to facilitate the Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme (OTAP). Facilitators who are already accredited through the OFP are exempt from attending day one. Headteachers are asked to send a minimum of two, preferably three, outstanding practitioners to build capacity for programme delivery.