The Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP) is a nationally recognised and versatile programme, developed by OLEVI.
The OTP is an opportunity for teachers from all sectors and phases to move their practice from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ by engaging with a wide range of strategies and skills.
The programme comprises of seven sessions over nine weeks (mixing full and half days). Within this there are linked practical ‘gap’ tasks in your own school and observations in the host school. Participants focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as challenge, engagement, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning.
The aims of OTP are to:
- Develop a common language of teaching and learning
- Deepen understanding of the key aspects of outstanding teaching and learning
- Raise performance in the classroom by encouraging creativity and developing more innovative practice
- Become a more reflective practitioner
- Develop coaching skills to develop the practice of others
The programme is available to teachers from all sectors and phases. There is a requirement for participants to state why they wish to attend the programme backed up with a recommendation by their headteacher.
There is an expectation that participants will attend all of the sessions. The programme works best if two or more teachers attend from the same school. However, the programme is available to individuals if required.
Programme fees are non-refundable and failure to attend may result in withdrawal from the course.