NPQML is aimed at those who are, or are aspiring to become, a middle leader with responsibility for leading a team e.g. a key stage leader, a curriculum area leader, a pastoral services leader, a subject leader, a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO), or a head of department. This includes those who are, or are aspiring to be, a middle leader with cross-school responsibilities e.g. a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE).
Our programme is delivered though a blended learning approach; a combination of face to face days, on-line learning , school experience, and self –study and personal reading. As a competency based programme there is a focus throughout on the development of skills and understanding alongside leadership behaviours. Whilst on the programme day-to-day leadership development in your current school will allow you to:
- Lead on a strategically challenging project
- Engage in challenge and support from your coach and/or head teacher
- Integrate new learning into your leadership practice
- Develop those leadership behaviours identified through the 360 diagnostic
- Negotiate and tackle specific whole team/school improvement priorities
The course duration is 12 months with an expectation that participants go for final assessment within 12-18 months from induction.