Early Career Framework (ECF) Rationale
With a fifth of all teachers leaving the profession within the first two years, we believe that teachers deserve high quality support, particularly in those first years of teaching when the learning curve is steepest. At TVTSA, we know that teachers in the first years of their career require high quality, structured support in order to begin the journey towards becoming an expert. During induction, it is essential that early career teachers are able to develop the knowledge, practices and working habits that set them up for a fulfilling and successful career in teaching. Research shows that teachers that are given mentorship are more likely to stay on the profession.
The Early Career Framework (ECF) underpins an entitlement to a fully-funded, two-year package of structured training and support for early career teachers linked to the best available research evidence. The package of reforms will ensure new teachers have dedicated time set aside to focus on their development. Our vision is for the ECF to build on high-quality Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and become the cornerstone of a successful early career in teaching for NQTs and RQTs.
Diverse Academies Early Career Framework (ECF) Programme
From September we are delighted to announce that we have been selected as an early adopter of the Early Careers Framework pilot in partnership. We will be working with Ambition Institute to deliver a high-quality package for both NQTS and mentors. This is a real step change for early career teachers and, as an alliance, positions us a year in front of the national change due to come into force next year. The mentor will rightly be at the heart of developments, with some superb bespoke training and their own programme which will run alongside the ECT programme.
What will your NQTs gain?
- Specific examples of what expert teaching looks like
- The ability to easily connect theory to classroom practice
- Improved job satisfaction, confidence, knowledge and skills
What will your mentors gain?
- Tailored guidance according to phase, context and prior experience
- The ability to use instructional coaching for maximum effect
- Specific examples of what expert mentoring looks like
What will you gain?
- Clear and targeted support for your NQTs and mentors
- Access to cutting-edge insight and best available evidence
- Improved job satisfaction and staff retention rates
To book please contact Marianne Atkins, firstname.lastname@example.org