Teaching schools are outstanding schools that work with others to provide high-quality training and development to both new and experienced staff. They are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
A teaching school has to:
- Have an outstanding rating from Ofsted
- Engage in successful partnerships
- Show excellent leadership with a proven track record of school improvement
- Have an outstanding headteacher
- Have a leadership team with the capacity to lead the six core areas of the teaching school role